U.S. Light Energy in Latham, NY, a leading national solar project developer, is seeking a highly motivated and self-reliant individual to serve on the Sales Team as Land Acquisition Relationship Associate. The person in this role will work closely with the Land Acquisition and Customer Relationship Manager to identify and execute strategies to create new land leasing opportunities and win existing opportunities for the development of solar farms. The Land Acquisition and Customer Relationship Associate is instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with prospects, existing customers, and potential strategic partners. The person in this role is expected to travel to meetings, events, and industry conferences as necessary (approximately 10% of the time).
The Land Acquisition and Customer Relationship Associate will work out of our office in Latham, NY and may be asked to travel on rare occasions for meetings and events. We are offering a highly competitive base salary plus excellent health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401K, educational reimbursement, and flexibility for working away from the office. References will be required.
Primary Job Functions
- Coordinate and track the creation and delivery of proposals, contracts, and other legal documents
- Assist with the processing of inbound leads
- Schedule meetings and assist with travel arrangements
- Engage with landowners and other potential strategic partners via telephone, email, and digital media
- Partner with customers to understand their needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Build and maintain strong, lasting customer relationships
- Maintain world class customer service and communication standards
- Work with the Sales and Operations teams to identify and improve key growth strategies, tactics, and action plans
- Assist with the development and execution of strategic plans to achieve development targets, and expand our customer base
Additional Job Functions
- Provide support as needed for the Sales Team
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Occasional off-site errands
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, and advanced degree or equivalent experience is welcomed
- 3 to 5 years of experience, and proven performance in a customer-facing, service-oriented, or other comparable role
- Proficiency in creating presentations using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Sway, Publisher, etc.
- Proven performance in a customer-facing, service-oriented, or other comparable role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Trustworthiness and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to professional integrity and excellence
- Deep personal commitment to the environment and to making a positive contribution to combatting the climate crisis
- Clean driving record
- Previous experience or a background in Renewable Energy, Legal, Real Estate, Utilities, Construction, or Telecommunications
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Experience with videoconferencing platforms like ZOOM, Microsoft TEAMS, Google Meet, etc.
- Successful experience communicating and collaborating with people of varying personality types and work styles
- Desire to further personal development through education, training, industry events and conferences
- Ability to communicate with, present to, and influence all levels of the organization, including C-level
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Previous experience as a business development or sales professional, or other transferable skill set
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors’ products
Successful implementation of the Core Concepts by the Land Acquisition and Customer Relationship Associate is required to achieve our financial targets. Core concepts include:
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills
- Achieving weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual activity, sales, and business development targets
- Building strong customer relationships
- Understanding customer and industry trends
PLEASE DIRECT COVER LETTERS, RESUMES, AND INQUIRIES TO:
U.S. Light Energy
830 New Loudon Rd.
Latham, NY 12110
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.