U.S. Light Energy is a growing and dynamic company in the solar renewable energy industry, focused on Community Solar in the Northeastern United States. We believe that everyone should have access to clean, renewable energy, and the most equitable way to achieve that is through human-scaled Community Solar projects that meet a community’s energy and climate goals at the local level. We have more than 350MWs of New York Community Solar projects in development and are currently building out these projects and actively adding additional generation capacity.
U.S. Light Energy is seeking an experienced Outside Sales Representative to add to our Sales Team. The Outside Sales Representative will be focused on identifying and executing the strategies to broadly expand the Land Leasing opportunities for development of community solar farms. Three to five years’ experience with a background in Solar, Real Estate, Construction, or comparable sales area is preferred, A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, and advanced degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Working with our team of industry experts, the Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with prospects, existing customers, and potential strategic partners. The Outside Sales Representative will be instrumental in maximizing business reach and potential through executing and supporting our virtual and in-person marketing campaigns.
Extensive experience with the Salesforce CRM based sales campaigns is preferred. Successful implementation of the Core Concepts by the Outside Sales Representative is required to achieve our financial targets.
Core concepts include:
- Believe in protecting the planet, reversing climate change, and creating equal access to renewable energy
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills
- Hitting weekly, monthly, and annual activity, sales, and business development targets
- Building strong customer relationships
- Understanding customer and industry trends
The Outside Sales Representative may choose to work out of our office in Latham, NY, but home location can be negotiable for the right candidate. They will be expected to travel to meetings, events, and industry conferences as necessary (approximately 50-60% of the time throughout NY and PA).
The Outside Sales Representative Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with landowners and other potential strategic partners in person, over the phone, and via digital media
- Maintaining World Class customer service and communication standards
- Working with our team to identify and improve key growth strategies, analytics, metrics, tactics, and action plans
- Own, meet, and exceed all business development targets within assigned territories
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve development targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Previous experience as a business development, sales professional, sales manager or other transferable skill set
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred
We are offering a very competitive base salary plus profit sharing and/or commission, health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401k, and some flexibility for working away from the office.
Please direct Resumes and inquiries to:
US Light Energy
830 New Loudon Rd.
Latham, NY 12110